Last year was such an uncomfortable year for me. I traveled to Africa for 3 weeks, and I also made my first solo worship album. That is a lot of uncomfortable. So now what? I have been praying for God to provide my next uncomfortable moment. I know that probably sounds weird for some of you, but it’s true. I want to be stretched and taken beyond what I know I can do. Do you feel the same? Do you pray for uncomfortable moments?
- We must CRAVE uncomfortable growth… 1 Peter 2:2-3 “You must crave pure spiritual milk so that you can grow into the fullness of your salvation. Cry out for this nourishment as a baby cries for milk, now that you have had a taste of the Lord’s kindness.”
- We must STEP OUT in faith… Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”
- We must TRUST God, and not try to do it on our own… Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
If we do these 3 things, we will have FELLOWSHIP with God… 2 John 9 “If you wander beyond the teaching of Christ, you will not have fellowship with God. But if you continue in the teaching of Christ, you will have fellowship with both the Father and the Son.”
Take some time to Pray/Journal through these questions:
1. Do you crave growth in your life?
2. When was the last time you stepped out in faith and became uncomfortable for God? If you can’t remember the last time, ask God to reveal the next steps for you.
3. Are you trusting God in your situation, or are you trying to do it on your own?